Create a cluster node
A cluster is a group of nodes in ISPmanager. Cluster nodes can be a physical or virtual server. You need to configure the servers before adding them into the cluster. For more information please refer to the article Server requirements.
To add a new cluster node go to Cluster settings → Cluster nodes → Add.
- Select the type of the Cluster node:
- local — the server with ISPmanager.
- Enter the Name of the cluster node that will be displayed in ISPmanager.
- Enter the server Domain name.
- Enter the IP address and SSH port of the server. The default value is "22".
- Enter the Administrator name. The default name is "root".
- Select the method for Authentication on server:
- by password — enter the server administrator password.
- by SSH key — enter the public SSH-keys from the server with ISPmanager. To do so, copy the Public key and add it into the file /<admin login>/.ssh/authorized_keys on the server:
- Enter additional information in the Comment field. It will be displayed in the list of cluster nodes → the Comment column.
Cluster node roles
Roles define the functions that a server will perform in the cluster:
Set the sever Priority. The priority allows selecting a cluster node where a new user and his main role will be created. The higher the priority, the more users will be located on the cluster node.Details
When selecting a cluster node for a new user role, the system checks every node with the "Ready" status:
Cluster node rating
Cluster node = Number of users / Cluster node priority / Available resourcesCODE
The cluster node with the smallest rate will be selected.
- Enable the roles:
- Web-server (main role) — the main role of the cluster node including such features as web-server, FTP. User files are located on this node. Read more in Web server configuration.
- Primary name server — this node is used as the primary name server. Read more in Domain names.
- Name server (secondary) — this node is used as a secondary name server. Read more in Domain names.
- Mail server — this node is used as a mail server.
- MySQL server — this node is used as a MySQL server. Enable the option Remote MySQL access and select the IP addresses that will be allowed to access the server. Read more in https://ispsystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISPmgrBUS/pages/8815782.
- PostgreSQL server — this node is used as a PostgreSQL server. Read more in https://ispsystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISPmgrBUS/pages/8815782.
- Backup server — this node is used for creating backup copies. Learn more in Backup copies.
- Click on Ok.