How to manage a database
A database is a collection of data organized by means of a database management system. Normally it is a set of interrelated tables that consist of columns (fields) and records. Databases allow you to manage large amounts of information over the web. They can be used to run web-based applications as well.
To create a new database:
- Go to Tools → Databases → Add.
- Enter a Name for the database.
- Select a user who will be the Owner of the database.
- Select a Database server that will manage this database.
- Select a default Encoding that will be used for this database. An encoding defines the symbols for the data. We recommend using the universal "utf8" encoding.
- Select the database User who will be able to access the database. If you want to create a new user, select "Create new user". Enter the Username and Password.
- Remote access — check the box to allow the user to access the database from a remote computer. Provide a List of IP addresses from which access to this database will be allowed. For more information please refer to the article Database servers.
- Click Ok.