Create a MySQL database management system
A database management system (DBMS) is a software package designed to define, manipulate, retrieve, and manage data in a database. For more information please refer to the article Create a database.
Perform the following steps to create a new MySQL DBMS:
- Go to Settings → Database servers → Add.
- Enter the Name.
- Select "MySQL" in the Type field.
- Select "Install <server version>" in the Action field.
- Enter the User Password to access the DBMS. Use the upper and lower-case letters, digits, special symbols (such as @, ?, %) to set a strong password.
To allow APS-scripts to use this database server to keep the information enable the option Install APS.
If you haven't selected a server to save APS-script information, the local server or the first one in the list will be used by default.
- Enable the option Remote access to allow remote connections to the DBMS, and specify the IP address of the server.
- Click on Ok.