Softaculous is an easy-to-use auto-installer, which allows the installation of most popular web applications on your site. It provides a large number of PHP scripts and executable files that can be installed on the server.
Free and commercial Softaculous licenses are available for downloading, however, a number of scripts are not available in a free version. In ISPsystem billing system clients can purchase a Premium license. You can use a plug-in in the ISPmanager control panel – "Integration/Modules" to easily install and manage licenses.
Official website of Softaculous.
Before you install Softaculous, be sure to
- install PHP posix (progress) and ionCube Loader
- create a WWW-domain, and select the "Secure connection (SSL)" checkbox to enable secure connections for that WWW-domain.
NoteThe plugin is supported only if your server uses a public IP address. Plugin operation on a server behind NAT is not supported.
If some extensions are missing, you will be prompted to install them. After you have installed the plug-in and Softaculous, "Softaculous" will be available in the "Extra applications" module.
Please note: for correct operation of Softaculous you need to activate Nginx and PHP-FPM FastCGI in Settings > Features> WEb-server (WWW) -> Edit.
How to install applications using Softaculous:
Login to ISPmanager as Admin and click the Softaculous menu, which includes a number of useful modules, such as statistics of plug-ins installed by your users. Install plug-ins on a web-server, drill down to the User level and click the Softaculous menu to open the user interface. Select a script and complete the setup steps:
To upgrade Softaculous to the Premium version, complete the following steps
- log in to ISPsystem's billing system to purchase a Softaculous module
- return to ISPmanager --> "Help" --> "About program" --> click "Update license".
- upgrade the Softaculous license by navigating to "Integration/Modules" --> Softaculous --> select the "Update license"checkbox, and click "Ok". This checkbox is displayed, if the ISPmanager license contains the Softaculous module.
- go to the Softaculous configuration form to make sure that you obtained the Premium version. In the form that will open you can see information about your license.
Softaculous on ISPmanager Business:
- Log in to ISPmanager Business as root --> "Integration" --> "Modules". After you have installed the module, a link to Softaculous in the interface menu will be available only for users (it is hidden for admin);
- Softaculous is installed on all of the cluster nodes with the "Web' role;
- when installing scripts, Softaculous will create databases on the cluster nodes with user's web-domains. Therefore, the MySQL role must locate on the cluster node with the "Web" role.
- Softaculous has a number of database limits: a database name cannot exceed 8 symbols, and cannot contain "_". If you enable database prefixes, a CMS won't be installed: "MySQL database not found".
How to change Softaculous URL:
Use the configuration file parameter:
The following value is used by default for this parameter:
In this parameter,r you can use the $nodeip macro, which can be changed into the primary IP address of the cluster node.
You can change Softaculous logging settings in the web module.