This guide describes how to import data hosted on a Plesk server to ISPmanager.
Exporting data from Plesk
Before importing data to ISPmanager, you need to export them from Plesk. You can download backup copies created by Administrators or Users.
- Navigate to Tools & Settings from the main menu.
- Navigate to Backup Manager module.
- In the Backup Manager module, click Back Up.
- On the Backup content form select the full backup type. Select Exclude log files checkbox to exclude log files, and click OK. The backup copy will be added to the list.
- Select the backup copy, and the Details form will open. Click Download.
The Download the Backup File form will open. Clear the Use password protection checkbox to disable password encryption. Clicking OK will download the selected backup copy.
Importing data to ISPmanager
- Navigate to Tools → User import → select a source in Upload file.
- Еnter the path to the file on your local machine → click Ok. If you want to import data from several archives, select From local archive and directory, and enter the path to the archive.
If you import data as Administrator, all users in the archive and their limits will be applied.
If you import data as User, the data will be imported only if the archive contains one user. The limits won't be applied.
If errors or warnings occurred during the migration, the orange banner will be displayed. Click Details to see the list of issues.
You can also view the log file /usr/local/mgr5/var/backup2_plesk_conv.log.
Data that will be imported
The following data can be imported from Plesk to ISPmanager:
- Users, their limits and allowed features (SSL, Shell, etc.);
- User files;
- Cron jobs;
- Domain names;
- Resource records;
- Mail domains;
- Mailboxes (including their content);
- MySQL databases;
- Database users;
- Information about the control panel.