IPmanager is a control panel for IP address management. It works in combination with other ISPsystem products as a centralized base of IP addresses.
IPmanager is able to:
- help avoid situations when one and the same IP address is assigned twice;
- install and set up a domain name server that will manage PTR records.
The control panel administrator can assign unique permissions to use IP groups and ranges to any user account.
Navigate to Integration → IPmanager:
- Integration with IPmanager — select the checkbox to allocate IP addresses to dedicated servers from IPmanager. Otherwise, the IP addresses will be allocated from the IP pool in VMmanager → Settings→ IP address pool;
- IPmanager URL — a full URL to IPmanager;
- Username — the user in IPmanager. His credentials will be used for integration. You must create the account in IPmanager before you integrate it with VMmanager;
- Password — enter the IPmanager user password.
Pool of IP addresses
Some functions and additional modules use several types of IP addresses. Every type means a group of IP addresses created in IPmanager. You can manage IP groups in Settings → IP address group:
To use IP addresses from a certain group, you must grant the corresponding permissions to the user account which is used for integration with VMmanager. Log in to IPmanager as Admin and navigate to Dashboard → Users → Permissions.
The empty permission list means that the selected user cannot use IP ranges.
Integration with IPmanager in ISPmanager
To successfully integrate ISPmanager with IPmanager complete the following steps:
- Complete the steps for preliminary setup of the control panel.
- Go to IPmanager to create new types of IP addresses that are used in ISPmanager:
- Assign these types to IP addresses that you want to use in ISPmanager.