A Template is a set of predefined parameters that you may use when adding a new user. Templates help save your time to create users with similar permissions. For example, when creating users according to certain tariff plans.
To create a new template:
- Go to Users → Templates button → Add button.
- Enter a template Name.
- On the template edit form click on Apply changes to change the parameters of all the users that have been created based on this template.
- To restrict user resources, set the following limits:
- Disk (MiB);
- Database size;
- Database users;
- Domain names;
- Mail domains;
- Allow Access to the following functions that the user may need when creating WWW-domains:
- SSL - select the check box to enable HTTPS for the web-domains of this user. Learn more under SSL certificates;
- Select the CGI check box to enable PHP as CGI for the web-domains of the user;
- Enable the Access to shell option to allow the user to access the terminal of the server with ISPmanager.
- To allow the user to process PHP scripts for websites, enable the following options:
- PHP as Apache module;
- PHP as CGI (Apache);
- PHP as FastCGI (Apache);
- Set the Default PHP mode;
- Set the Default PHP version (CGI) for the modes CGI and FastCGI (Apache).
- To allow a user to create sites with Node.js, enable the Can use Node.js option and select the Node.js default version.
- Select Encoding. It defines a set of characters to represent the content of your website:
- Do not select— use the default value for the database;
- utf-8 — contains any Unicode characters including Latin and Cyrillic ones. We recommend that you use this universal encoding;
- Enter the Index page of the website. This page will open if a user tries to open a website by its domain name but doesn't specify a certain page. E.g. trying to open www.example.com or www.example.com/test instead of www.example.com/index.php. You can enter several pages separated by spaces in descending order of priority. If the first page doesn't exist, the second one will open, etc.
- Click on Next, make sure the data you have entered a correct, and click on Finish.